Inground and Above-Ground Pool Closing Service
Bakers closes pools on a ala-cart basis. Have us do the complete winterization from top to bottom or just have us blow out lines. You choose how much you want us to do. If you would like us to close your Inground or Aboveground pool for you, please give us a call! Schedule your closing early as the schedule gets full fast.
Aboveground Pool Closing Steps
Clear pool of debris by vacuuming pool.
Balance water levels including the pH, alkalinity, and water hardness into proper ranges.
Purchase approved closing kit based on the size of pool you own, and add required amount of closing chemicals to your pool.
Frog Mineral System users apply the Frog Hibernate Kit. No other chemicals are necessary after kit has been applied
Run filter for 24-48 hours.
- Drain swimming pool water 2 inches below skimmer or return fitting which ever is lowest, then shock the pool with 12.5% Liquid Chlorine Shock at the rate of 1 gallon for every 10,000 gallons of swimming pool water.
Check your winter cover size before placing on your pool. You want to make sure there is no downward pressure when water is on top of your cover. The wrong size cover can pull the top seats of the pool off or it can cause a wall to fold inward.
Tie a winter pillow in the center of your pool.
Cover the pool with the winter cover making sure that it is securely fastened around the pool.
Tips for Winterizing Your Pool
- After draining the pool 2 inches below the inwall skimmer or return fitting, Put the sand tank valve in the winter position.
- Remove drain cap from bottom of sand tank. Let filter drain for 24-48 hours if possible. If it is below freezing make sure that you bring the filter inside immediately, it will not drain properly it will just freeze. Remember if your garage is not heated it can freeze in the garage.
- After allowing filter to drain it is recommended that you remove all the sand out of the tank.
- After removing the sand from the tank we recommend that you bring your filter system inside. Remember if your garage is not heated it can freeze in the garage.
- If you cannot bring your filter system inside for the winter, make sure to drain all the water out of the tank. Pour a GALLON of swimming pool anti-freeze into the sand tank to make sure the tank doesn’t freeze and crack. Cover the tank with a tarp so that no water can get inside and bring your pump and motor assembly in for the winter. Remember if your garage is not heated it can freeze in the garage.
- Make sure to soak D.E. fingers or grids in a Cartridge Renu solution for 24 Hours.
- After soaking clean off the fingers or grid with a garden hose.
- This filter is very light and is recommended that you bring it in for the winter months. Remember if your garage is not heated it can freeze in the garage.
- Make sure to remove the cartridge and thoroughly rinse it off.
- In a deep enough container, soak the cartridge in a Cartridge Renu solution for 24 Hours.
- After soaking the cartridge rinse off the cartridge removing any debris that might still be between the pleats.
- We recommended that you bring it in for the winter months this prevents filter components from freezing and cracking. Remember if your garage is not heated it can freeze in the garage.
Pool Frog / Nature 2 Express Systems
- Disconnect the Nature 2 or Frog system from the filter system and bring indoors for winter months.
- Though the mineral reservoir that is inside is no longer any good, make sure to keep it so that in the spring time you can run your system with for the first few days with the old cartridge in it. In spring after balancing your entire chemical then you insert the new mineral cartridge into your Nature 2 or Frog system.
Heater Closing Instructions
- Turn gas valve and manual gas valve off. Turn off electrical supply to the heater
(Applies only to electronic ignition heaters).
- Open the drain plug located in the inlet/outlet header, (under water pipes at the inlet/outlet header)
- Blow out with a shop vac
- Remove the heat exchanger inspection panel on the side opposite water piping to gain access to the drain plug on the return header. Open the drain plug on return header-blow out with shop vac.
- Always refer to your owner’s manual as heaters winterizing instructions may vary.
Electric Heat Pump Closing Instructions
- Drain heat pump and bring inside for winter. Remember if your garage is not heated it can freeze in the garage.
- Solar Heaters must be drained and stored indoors. Remember if your garage is not heated it can freeze in the garage.
Ladders, Steps, and Solar Covers
- Ladders and Step sections must be removed from the pool, drained and taken inside to avoid freezing. Expansion of any ice inside the ladder or steps will split structure and ruin them.
- Solar covers should be dried and stored.
HOW CAN WE HELP CLOSE YOUR POOL FOR THE SEASON?
Feel free to reach out to our expert team to inquire more about our pool closing services. You choose how much you want us to do, and we’ll be happy to guide you for your unique setup. We look forward to hearing from you!